Education with and to Free and Open Source Software
Computers & software are becoming pervasive, and are having directly or indirectly a significant impact on almost all aspects of our modern life: it comes as no surprise that computer & software have an impact on education too. Academia has an important role to play at several levels…
- We need to educate the teachers,
- We need to teach all university students
- We need to teach IT students how to work in an environment that is becoming dominated by Free & Open Source software.
At IRILL, we want to contribute to advance this agenda, by cordinating the actions on the FOSS curriculum.
In this page, you will find links to relevant resources, and to events and actions on this topic. Events
- courses related to FOSS
- A collection of 100 links to courses related to open source.
- L'Ecole Ouverte Francophone.
- The Free Technology Academy.
- The Master on Libre Software in Spain.
- A book on open source development on a little site.
- The university program about Mozilla technologies.